• .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

    Repiglican Roast

    A spirited discussion of public policy and current issues

    Name:
    Location: The mouth of being

    I'm furious about my squandered nation.

    Sunday, July 23, 2006

    "What's left of my country?"

    The family is among more than 200,000 Lebanese fleeing to Syria, the Syrian Red Crescent said.

    Scores of people on foot stood in line to enter Syria. Scores more waited in cars - a collection of mostly well-used vehicles overflowing with whatever the refugees could carry.

    "What's left of my country?" Rahad asked.

    Others waiting with him Saturday listened as he shouted in frustration.

    "I will take a bomb and put it on me...and explode it if I could find any Israeli. I would explode it and kill myself and them."

    He gestured as if stuffing a bomb inside his sweat-stained shirt.

    "I am not a terrorist but today, if I could, I would blow myself up. It is enough."

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home